Terms of Service Overview
Below is a short summary of our Terms of Service. This summary is not exhaustive. The full version of our Terms of Service is available here.
What is Parklook App?
- Parklook (the App) is a mobile application (an online platform) through which you may notify other users about the upcoming availability of street parking spaces within a specified location at a specified time and/or may have the convenience of knowing when and where a street parking space will become available from other users within a particular location.
Who operates the App?
- The App is operated by Parkflow UK Limited (we, us or our), a company incorporated in accordance with the laws of England and Wales with company number 11561580 and registered office at 4 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2AU.
Your account & privacy
What we do & what we don’t do?
- We are not owners or operators of any parking facilities and we don’t offer a service for renting, buying or selling any parkings in your city. Our App is a tech-driven solution which helps drivers find on-street parking quickly by encouraging community-driven information sharing about the location of available parking spaces.
- Our App assists users to share information and/or locate street parking spaces which may become available, but it does not: (a) provide the parking spaces themselves (b) transfer, or offer to transfer, a parking space or the ticket or booking or other arrangement to pay for that space and/or (c) guarantee that those spaces may be available at the specified time or that they may be used by the relevant user.
- At the moment, we don’t collect payments for your parking time (meter), any parking permits or traffic tickets. You must pay for any of the above in the usual manner via any alternative service provider you prefer.
Instant street parking
- With our App you can find a street parking place instantly (as you go) within a radius of 500m around your current location from other users who are about to leave their spot within a timeframe of 3-10 minutes before your expected arrival. Open the App, press Parking button and follow the instructions to complete your search.
- Never use your phone whilst driving as this is not only dangerous but also illegal. If the model/operating system of your mobile device so allows, you can activate our app and search for street parking by the voice command & voice output navigation features via Siri or Google Assistant. Make sure microphone is turned on for our App in the settings of your mobile device.
- If the parking match is found, we’ll show you details of the other user’s vehicle waiting for you at the parking spot and will navigate you to the required location. If there is a failure to make visual contact, you may contact the other user via the app without showing your real number.
- Please note that it’s possible that at a given time or in a given location there are no available street parking places, therefore you can use pre-booking function of the App (see below) to secure a place in advance.
- To ensure you have better chances to secure a street parking place when and where you need it most of all, you can also pace your parking request far in advance of your expected arrival. Open the App, press Parking button and then select the day, time and the location of your preferred parking spot. Follow the instructions to complete your parking request. Once created, your parking request will be marked in orange colour on the app’s interactive map.
- If the parking match is found, you’ll be notified via the App. We’ll show you details of the other user’s vehicle waiting for you at the parking spot and will navigate you to the required location. If there is a failure to make visual contact, you may contact the other user via the app without showing your real number.
- You can cancel your booking at any time by following instructions in the App. You can also ask the other user to wait longer for your arrival, if the other user is willing to do so.
- You can also search the App’s interactive map either around your current location or for any specific location you need for your parking (if it differs from your current one) and check any available parking offers already made by other users. Such offers will be marked in blue colour on the map.
- Tap the parking offer of your choice to check the full information (such as location, type of parking place, time when the place will be available) before accepting the offer. If you accept the offer, this means that the match occurs, and we’ll show you details of the other user’s vehicle waiting for you at the parking spot and will navigate you to the required location.
Leaving a street parking place
- With our App you can inform other users of the time when you’re planning to leave a street parking place and allow them to take that space from you on your departure. Open the App, press Leaving button and follow the instructions to complete your parking offer. The App will search for matches and it might take some time to connect you with the right match (if any is available). We encourage you to make your parking offer as far in advance as you can to give the community more time to accept it and avoid late arrivals.
- While creating your parking offer, you choose your preferred departure time yourself (5-10 minutes, 1-3 hours or another timeframe). If your place is confirmed, but another user is late or cancels your booking, you are free to go away when your selected departure time comes. This means you don’t have to wait for anyone longer than you were planning.
- If everything goes well and another user is arriving on time, you’ll receive an in-app notification once such user actually arrives to make sure you don’t miss each other, and you know exactly the right moment for moving your car away.
- You can also search the App’s interactive map and check any available requests for parking already made by other users. Such requests will be marked in green colour on the map. Tap the parking request of your choice to check the full information (such as location, the time when the other user arrives) before accepting the request. If the proposed arrival time meets your expectations, you can accept the request, and we’ll show you details of the other user’s vehicle arriving to your place.
- You can cancel your offer at any time by following instructions in the App. You can also notify the other user if you’re late and allow the other user to cancel the booking or wait longer if he/she is willing to do so.
What’s the benefit of informing others?
- It’s not only about doing something good or helping the community. If your spot is confirmed and then taken by another user, you’ll earn £2.00. Please check our payouts T&Cs here to better understand when and how we do payments.
- You will not be able to access and use the App unless you have internet access through a GPRS, 4G, 3G or Wi-Fi connected mobile device. All traffic charges or access charges incurred due to the use of the App are subject to your agreed terms with your mobile network provider. Our App can be downloaded for free at Apple Store and Google Play. We currently support iOS 11 and later. Android 4.4 and later.
- Please check our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) here or contact us by messaging on our website www.parklook.com or via your user area in the App or by email to email@example.com.